1. What time do classes start at EFIS?
2. At what age can I enroll my child at EFIS?
At the age of two and a half if the child does not wear dippers.
3. What is the difference between the French kindergarten and the Macedonian градинка?
Weekly duration of schooling
Children are in school 26 hours a week which allows a prolonged linguistic exposure and a rich social life.
Educational objectives at EFIS
– Socialization; fostering community life from an early age.
– Continuous learning through games, observations, stories, rhymes, arts, using computer support at an early age, doing sorts activities on daily basis etc.
The teaching staff
– EFIS is a school, not a daycare. Teachers have clear and precise objectives that guide the development of the day activities.
– By the end of the kindergarten, children will have various skills: pre reading, counting, classifying, sorting, fine motor skills etc. that will allow all of them to enter elementary school with equal chance to succeed.
4. How does the daycare work?
The school offers free daycare from 7:30 am until the start of classes at 8.30
Daycare is offered daily until 18:00:
– Monthly subscription 25EUR /1540 MKD per child
– Occasionally 120 MKD/2 ЕУР per hour
– During school holidays tariffs will be further communicated
5. I do not speak French. Is this a problem?
It is not necessary for the parents to speak French. Most of the learning process is done at the school. Furthermore, homework assistance is offered three times per week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday) after classes for the children attending CP, CE1 (learning to read) and for new arrivals whose parents do not speak French.
EFIS offers courses in French, Macedonian, and Albanian.
My child does not speak French. Is this a problem?
- At kindergarten your child will benefit from the support provided by the teachers and the assistants who speak French, Macedonian and / or English. Children never feel isolated and can always express themselves and be heard. Your child will quickly learn the basics of French language in the French-speaking environment that EFIS offers. The daily language workshops provided for the children are organized according to the level of knowledge allowing a focused and progressive learning.
- At the elementary school, tutoring hours are introduced in order to help the students facing linguistic difficulties. Additional language workshops (in small groups) can also be offered to students if needed.
In college, a minimum level of knowledge of French is required to be registered i.e. the A2 level of the European Framework of Reference for Languages. This is the second level on a scale of 6 corresponding to a volume of about 150 hours of learning. Tests are available before registration. If passed, the student spent a year learning French as a foreign language at school on daily basis, while being part of a group class for other subjects.
5. Аre religion classes taught at EFIS?
No. EFIS is a secular institution which fosters the values of freedom of belief of everyone and equality for all.
7. After having sent few years at EFIS, is it possible for my child to be reintegrated in the Macedonian educational system?
At all levels of schooling, your child may return to the Macedonian education system as students receive additional French classes hours, 2, 3 or 4 hours Macedonian classes or classes in Macedonian as language of instruction according to the students’ age. This course is conducted by Macedonian teachers affiliated to a local institution that certifies twice year the student’s knowledge of their mother tongue.
8. How do the grades in the French educational system correspond to the grades of the Macedonian educational system?
Note: The French Primary School consists of: kindergarten and Elementary school.
9. Are there any additional costs not included in the tuition fee?
For newcomers there is a first registration fee of 300EUR per child (paid at registration)
Canteen 1.5EUR per meal (0.16 EUR if the meal is provided by the child) (Monthly)
Transportation (defined at the beginning of school year) when using the school bus (Monthly)
In October, a lump sum of 90 EUR is requested to fund educational activities during school time (swimming, climbing, skating …).
In November, a lump sum is requested for school supplies: 50 EUR for the Kindergarten, 85 EUR for Elementary School (notebooks, handouts, and borrowing of books), 85 EUR for College for borrowing of books.
10. What degree can my child receive at EFIS?
The French baccalauréat is the diploma of secondary school studies issued by the French Ministry of Education. This diploma provides access to universities in the European Union in particular.
11. Are all teachers in EFIS French?
The majority of teachers are French. The others have lived and have finished their studies in France.
12. The students at EFIS are from how many nationalities?
Our institution has a dozen nationalities and as many languages.
13. Besides French, what other languages are taught at EFIS?
There are more languages. Language courses offered at EFIS are taught by « native speakers »
Kindergarten: additional classes (organized in groups according to level)
Elementary and College: systematic language courses
Macedonian as foreign language can be taught as well.
Elementary and College: systematic language courses
Kindergarten: introductory course
Elementary: systematic language courses in duration of 1 hour and a half per week.
College: systematic language courses in duration of 3 to 4 hours per week according to age.
Spanish and German
Spanish and German are offered through a classical language curriculum.